Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Car for 40th Birthday

With my 40th Birthday coming up (Dec. 3rd) Tom bought me a car. :) There is a long story about why I picked out a Volkwagen Jetta.

There have been 2 cars that I have wanted for a long, long, long time. They are the Honda Prelude and the Volkwagen Jetta. Both cars were first introduced to me by two of my good friends back in the late 80's.

I had wanted a Prelude for so long that nothing else mattered but the time was never right for me until recently. However, Honda is no longer making Preludes which then defaulted to my next choice for a new car. JETTA!!! I test drove a Wolvesburg Edition with manual transmission and fell in love with it but didn't buy it right away. It wasn't until the next day. LOL
The salesmen let me drive my car out of the showroom. It was so much fun to acutally drive it outside for them to fill up the tank, clean the windows, etc. :)

No comments: