Sunday, October 14, 2007

House Party

First attempt ~ line was busy. Second attempt ~ line was busy. Third attempt ~ line was busy. Fourth attempt ~ well you get the idea. After several attempts the line was ringing and ringing and ringing. It continued to ring until DJ Kaz answered & quickly put me on hold. I heard the annoucement that someone else had won tickets for that hour.
Here I am driving on Hwy-167 Northbound with my phone craddled between my ear and my right shoulder while shifting. I exit @ Willis Street. Turn R at the end of off-ramp. Continue through 2 lights until I am parallel with A&W Rootbeer Restaurant on Willis Street getting ready to turn L onto Central Ave.
I am still on hold when the light should turn green. Now remember I am craddling my cellphone between my right ear and shoulder all while shifting. My destination will Staples at the top of the Kent-Kangely but do I take the easy route? Oh no!! I go my usual which is up E. Titus Street to E. Smith Street and up the hill to Staples.
Once I got to the top of the Smith Street Hill just as I am turning onto Benson/104th Street, Kaz came back on the phone and asked me if I was still holding. I said, Yes and wanted to know why I was holding for so long. Well folks...because I stayed on hold the longest ~ I WON tickets to the 92.5 House Party on Nov. 16th @ the Paramount Theater.


I am so freakin' excited to be seeing Coolio, Rob Base, Naughty by Nature, and Tony, Toni, Tone. Now, I have scanned the photos and put VOID over them so you all cannot print them out to be used for yourselves, but wanted to share my story. :)

No comments: