Saturday, January 04, 2014

Lesson Planners

I have spent a few hours researching online the best planner/calendar that would suite me and my needs as a future teacher. I have found 2 lesson planners that will suite me just fine.  

1)  The Wise & Witty Teacher
http://wisewittyteacher.blogspot.com/2012/02/pinterest-inspired-presidents-and-diy.html
Victoria has come up with a brilliant idea (in my honest opinion) for a planner that allows for flexibility (which is important when being a teacher) and is visually easy to see what is happening.  I am a very visual learner, followed by a hands-on learner.  I am currently stuck at work but am excited to go home and get started on my new fun project.

2) Everybody is a Genius ( I think she might be from Seattle)
http://everybodyisageniusblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/lesson-plan-binders.html
Sarah is an 8 year teacher and teaches middle school math.  How more perfect is that for me when I was looking for lesson planners? I like how she set up her binder.  Just read this blurb from her blog:
"So inside each section is first the pacing guide from my school.  Then in each section I print every lesson plan on a separate, colored piece of paper.  After the lesson plan is any and all materials I may need to go with the lesson.  Worksheets and tests and such get hole punched.  Things like foldables or station activities go inside sheet protectors.  For everything that goes in, I also try to include an answer copy or rubric right behind it.  When I'm grading assignments or need to make an extra copy of something I know exactly where to look."

Isn't that coolest idea?  I mean...really...right there at your finger tips.  What a great idea for a new teacher who will no doubt have a ton of ideas floating around in her brain. 
 
Well, Happy New Year 2014 

No comments: