Sunday, January 20, 2013

Family

It still amazes me how the inner workings of a family, no matter how minute, can upset the whole balance. I am partly to blame for this as I got sucked into sharing information about one of my girls . I get caught up in a good conversation with my mom and forget that what is said to her will get back to my oldest. It wouldn't be so bad if what was repeated was exactly what was said and no interpretation built into the repeating of what I said. It usually ends up with me swung a bunch of "shit" as my daughter puts it. Sometimes I wonder if my mom would like for her granddaughter, my daughter, to not be on speaking terms.

So, I will still have conversations with my mom but I will no longer answer questions about my girls. My mom will have to ask them directly and wait for an answer from them.

2 comments:

emi said...

interesting thoughts! i like your solution at the end. great blog! xo
chaseandem.blogspot.com

MsTurnerMathTeacher said...

Thank you.